There are several individuals who are underweight and wanting to gain some healthy weight. For people who possess a skinny body and faster metabolism, here are 10 super tips to weight gain right way.
1. To gain weight, you have to eat more but not just anything at anytime. This is how you would do it: Count the calories consumed over one day. Then add about 500 calories to your base count and spread these calories over 4 to 5 smaller meals during the day.
2. Opt for weight training at a reputed gym under a qualified instructor. More muscle means more mass and more mass will eventually lead to extra pounds; you want to gain healthy weight not a an unsightly paunch.
3. Get proper sleep for at least 8 hours daily. If you stay awake late, you will end up burning more calories. Lie down and enjoy your snooze time.
4. Focus on the intake of high protein diets. Remember, you need to build more muscle mass through your food for the gaining the right kind of weight (not random fat).
5. Stock up your kitchen with foods that are good for putting on weight. These foods would include products like potatoes, kidney beans, avocadoes and poultry. Heavily fried fats like crisps are avoidable.
6. Instead of binging on two big meals, spread them out into 5 to 6 smaller meals. These meals must consist of protein and healthy fat that will eventually help you gain the right kind of weight. (you are trying to avoid fat storage in your body while gaining weight at the same time)
7. Eat a variety of meals instead of sticking to the old ones that you love. To gain weight, you require the right spread of nutrients like vitamins and minerals. You can be sure of getting these only if you ensure you are eating foods that cover all the kinds of nutrients from fiber to vitamins to protein.
8. Nutrient intake combined with a fitness regime – this is the right way to eat in order to gain healthy weight. Weight gain is directly related to a blend of higher calorie counts as well as higher metabolism rates. So in order to qualify for both requirements, you need to eat more as well as work-out more than before. Work-outs for gaining weight would include more weight training and less cardio.
9. After an initial weight gain, your weight gain typically reaches a plateau phase. If so, add a few more calories to your diet.
10. Record your weight (and your diet chart) every week to see how much weight you are able to gain. Monitoring weight gain becomes easier with recorded statistics.